If you live in the Chicago area and are looking to expand or explore your experience of Tai Chi Chuan, consider signing up for a class, or just stop by one of our events.
Tai Chi Foundations
This course introduces beginners to Tai Chi Chuan by teaching the classic Yang-style postures step-by-step, from the ground up. Skilled practitioners are also in attendance, and find the alignment-based approach a helpful way to deepen their foundation. This wide range of experience results in a synergistic and supportive atmosphere for everyone.
- July – August 2018: July 2nd – August 27th.
- September – October 2018: September 3rd – October 29th.
- November – December 2018: November 5th – December 17th.
Class Time & Location:
- Mondays, 7:00pm – 8:00pm. Hamlin Park – Chicago Park District – Club Room – 3035 N. Hoyne Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60618 (map)
Cost: $75 (cash or check only)
Tai Chi Program (Ongoing)
The ongoing program places emphasis on the study of Tai Chi Chuan and other forms. Class time is invested in group practice and refinement of the postures through guided instruction and exercises. Students in the Tai Chi Program are encouraged to attend the Tai Chi Foundations class (at no additional charge) to complement their practice.
Class Times & Locations:
- Mondays, 7:00pm-8:00pm. Hamlin Park – Chicago Park District – Club Room – 3035 N. Hoyne Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60618 (map)
- Wednesdays, 7:00pm-9:00pm. Hamlin Park – Chicago Park District – Club Room – 3035 N. Hoyne Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60618 (map)
- Saturdays, 11:30am-1:00pm, Quilombo Cultural Center – 2nd Floor – 1757 N. Kimball Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60647 (map). Dial 773.227.8879 for building access from the parking lot entrance.
Cost: $80/month (cash or check only)